I decided to show a quick tutorial on this celebrity inspired makeup look. For past six months, Ms. Lupita Amondi Nyong’o has taken the acting and fashion world by storm with her magnificent beauty, incredible acting abilities and perfect eye for fashion. From her red, caped Ralph Lauren gown at the Golden Globe Awards to her turquoise Gucci, tight fitting silhouette – Lupita has aced it all. About a month ago, she arrived at the MTV Movie Awards in a rainbow-colored, tea length Chanel dress with a beautiful silver-light blue smokey eye. I couldn’t stop myself from creating the same look. Here we go:
1. Add a black base in order to ensure the shadows appear dark and truly “smokey”. I used Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear in Black Ink.
2. Add a shimmery black eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eyes. Then, add a navy blue shadow to the inner lid of the eye and a silver highlight in the corner of the eye. Finally, add a light bronze shadow as a brow bone highlight I used Sephora Enchanting Eye Palette.
3. Use a black liquid liner to create an intense cat-eye to add a sleek shape to the eyes. I used Forever 21 Liquid Eyeliner.
4. Highlight with a medium-brown highlighter under the eyes, on the bridge of the nose and on the chin. Contour using an intense black-brown shadow in the hollows of the cheek-bones. I used theEstee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in Extra Deep and MAC Eyeshadow in Embark.
5. Finally, dust a pink-tone brown, shimmery blush on the cheek bones in order to add a light flare to the face. I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in The Siren.
New Lupita Nyong’o Inspired Haircut
For the last month or so, I had been wearing a glued-in, cap weave that I had installed for Junior Prom. However, I decided that I would try to go natural after countless pleas from my mother and hairstylist. All in all, I am quite happy with the results. While I still do not quite love the short hair look on myself, I do feel that this hair is quite manageable.
P.S. Stay tuned for my prom post in the near future!!!