Monday, September 23, 2013

Fashion Fanatic: Top 5 Casual Gossip Girl Outfits


Hello Everyone!!!

I have decided that I will concentrate on the Top 5… from popular TV Drama shows, including Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Degrassi, Skins and etc. I feel that teen dramas are one of the greatest inspirations in modern fashion. My style is personally a mix of Serena Van Der Woodsen, Jenny Humphrey and Aria Montgomery. Today, I decided to do my top five lists on the casual looks from the royal phenomena that is Gossip Girl. Here they are:

5. TIE – Jenny Humphrey from 3×04 “Dan de Fleurette” and Serena van der Woodsen from an unknown episode

This outfit worn by Blake Lively as she portrays Serena Van Der Woodsen. I really love how Serena is able to layer beautiful outerwear, such as this vest, in order to create an outfit. The ruffles on the otherwise simple pink tank creates a visually appealing image to all who see her. This is a perfect example of the sexual youth that Serena was meant to show. 


This outfit worn by Jenny Humphrey in episode 3×04 is the introduction of Queen J. Following her coronation as the Queen of Constance in the season 2 finale, Jenny decided to change her style to become slightly more rocker-chic and less grunge. This is definitely my favorite look from Jenny, as she wasn’t so childlike as in season 1 or as grungy and mid-season 3. 



4. TIE - Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf in episode 1×10 “Hi, Society”


This outfit appears while Serena and Blair are talking about there excitement over entering society at there Cotillion. Blair and Serena not only show that you can make a school uniform look fabulous, but they create two completely different looks for two different personalities and body types. Serena’s sexy and laid back style complements her tall and buxom figure, while Blair’s tailored suit jacket and romper are perfect for her petite frame. 

3. Blair Waldorf in episode 1×12 “School Lies”


This dress was worn by Queen B in season 1. I find that this dress is one of the most beautiful casual outfits that are worn on the Gossip Girl screen. It perfectly compliments Blair’s figure, and makes her hourglass frame even more stark. The collar also adds that undying charm that the Waldorf name seems to add onto Blair. 

2. Blair Waldorf in an unknown episode (possibly season 4 during the Paris Arc) 




This dress by Marc Jacobs and cape by Trina Turk is just an absolutely incredible ensemble on Blair. The printed leggings only exaggerate how toned Blair’s legs, and her overall beauty. The print on the dress and the cape exude class, and work as a symbol on the preppy enigma that is Queen B.

1. Serena Van Der Woodsen in an episode in Season 5 (California Arc)


This is the complete and utter definition of perfection in an outfit. The coral blazer from Topshop only serves as the perfect ornament to the floral print pleated skirt and sequin top. The nude pumps elongate Serena’s legendary gams, while the turquoise bag and earrings serve as the perfect accessories. I feel that this look is a true representation of Blake Lively’s glamorous West Coast style with a chic touch of NYC. 

<3 Naa

5 comments:

  1. I love gossip girl and Blair!

    infinitefashion-ds.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you picked wonderful looks for this post! I love Gossip Girl! I followed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I just checked out your blog and I really love it :)

      <3 Naa

      Delete
  3. I love alllll these styles. Oh my gosh, gorgeous!

    www.myprettyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake Lively is my favorite! Love her looks, she is so beautiful!

    www.jorshaq.com

    ReplyDelete