Sunday, February 16, 2014

I'm Going to Mercedes-Benz/MADE Fashion Week: Ostwald Helgason Review


Hey Everyone!!!


I can’t tell you how amazing New York Fashion Week was! I met a plethora of amazing people, and attended 6 shows! To be only a teenager and be given such an amazing opportunity is absolutely incredible. Before I started to cover the shows, I wanted to make sure I gave myself optimal time to properly cover each show. On February 8th, I attended the Fall/Winter Ostwald Helgason show. In the photo above, you can see me and one half of the design team (Ingvar Helgason) posing in a pic (he is awesome!!!). Now, here are some pics of the shows: 


Music: This show had my favorite soundtrack of all the shows that I had the pleasure to attend. The music sounded like a underground remix of popular hip hop and techno music, which just highlighted the modern ambiance of the collection. I very quickly learned that music is a very important factor in creating a show, and the Ostwald Helgason show was incredibly well-versed in this fact. 


Beauty: The hair and makeup on the models was very sharp and sleek – with little to no bright colors or heavy product. All of the hair styles were either bone straight with a brilliant shine or slicked back in a sophisticated ponytail. This system allowed for the clothes to the stars of the show, as it should be. 



Clothing: I was completely in awe of the collection. Like most of the general population, I was not as knowledgeable about MADE fashion week in comparison to the more mainstream Mercedes-Benz counterpart. However, this collection (which was the only MADE show I was able to attend) completely blew me away with its futuristic aesthetic and clean cut silhouettes. I suggest this collection to any person who wish for modern clothing with a technology inspired twist. 


I was given the amazing opportunity to go backstage, and took this photo of the vision board of the collection. All in all, this collection was breath-taking, and I suggest that all bloggers should take the time to read about this superhero designer duo. 

<3 Naa

P.S. My giveaway is still open here!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your blog is beautifully made and am loving your posts.
    Very inspiring! Would you like to follow eachother?
    Looking forward to more amazing posts from you.
    xx
    Natasha
    www.mariposalove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So jealous of your adventures! Looks like you had amazing time! What a great opportunity! Love the blog girl, thanks for your links! New Follower :)
    xo jess
    www.stmurrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I wish I can go one day! http://littleblingring.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm Maara from IFB, great blog it's so cool that you went to Fashion Week! please check out mine, stripedtees.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete