Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm Going to Mercedes-Benz/MADE Fashion Week: David Tlale Overview

Hey Everyone!!!


Welcome to my fourth post about my experience at New York Fashion Week. Today I will be posting about the incredible collection by David Tlale. Now, the beauty of fashion week is that you sometimes are able to get into shows that you weren’t originally invited to. This was the case for my experience at the David Tlale show, as I was given a spare invitation from a very kind friend. This show took place at the Pavilion, a more intimate setting similar to that of Milk Studios located at Lincoln Center. 


Music: The David Tlale had the most soft, alluring music of all the shows that I was able to attend. I wish that I could have asked the editor who composed the pieces, as it was absolutely beautiful. Imagine living in a majestic world of faeries who wore amazing clothing – this was the David Tlale show. The mix of beautiful piano pieces and strong ballads emphasized the femininity of the collection. 


Beauty: Brows, brows brows!!! I couldn’t help but notice that one of the consistent factors of the show were full, strong brows with a prominent arch. Along with this, the models were also given a subtle makeup look with excess amounts of highlighter and bronzer to add dimension to the face. The hairstyles were very sleek, all of which led to a very soft and feminine appeal. 


Clothing: Now, time to get the most important aspect of every fashion show: the clothing! This collection was absolutely amazing. Unlike the Czar or Ostwald Helgason collection, David Tlale’s clothing had very little to no masculine themes — the clothing screamed classic femininity through the use of soft fabrics, flowing silhouettes and tasteful sequin. The clothing were excellently created, however, there wasn’t too much concentration on construction. All in all, I am in awe of the collection – even if my personal preference calls for a few more edgy accessories. 



This is just a photo of what I wore to the show. I really love the intricacy of the tweed trench coat and the bright pop of color found in the red sweater. Also, remember that my giveaway for a LORAC Pro Palette is still open here!!!!

<3 Naa

1 comment:

  1. Health fitness strategies also recommend that vices should really be stopped. Smoking predisposes you to vascular conditions which includes arteriosclerosis and even heart problems. Alcohol consumption don't have to be done away with but should really be limited to help you 30 jiggers 24 hours only. Alcohol always has what are the benefits such simply because vasodilation. These are are just some of what Health fitness strategies recommend www.healthafitness.us

    Will you be thinking in relation to remodeling ones home? Remember you might achieve ones goal with not a giant purchase. Small upgrades introduced in every room, including the outer entrance can make each of the difference. www.loxuryhome.us

    ReplyDelete