Monday, November 25, 2013

Makeup Master: Top Products/Brands For Fair Skin

Hey Everyone!!!

Ever since my Top 5 series with makeup brands, I got a lot of requests to share the best products for woman of different skin colors. The beautiful Alina from the Heartbreaker Fashion Blog commented on one of my blog post to suggest a good foundation for woman of very fair skin. As a woman with an extreme skin tone (mine being very dark), I understand the struggle it is to find the perfect products for your skin tone. Because of this, I have started a series to introduce my personal suggestion of products for woman of different skin tones. Here you go:


Photo: 1 and 2

Best Face Products for Fair-Skinned Women

Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer 





Photo: 1 and 2

Now, in my opinion this is the best foundation PERIOD. Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in shades 01 and 02 are described as a pure white and pale beige, respectively.The product is inspired by the BB Cream faze from Asian Markets. It retails for $43.81 at Sephora, and can be bought around the world through Illamasqua.com. Here is an example of what the foundation looks on the skin (this woman’s foundation may be a little too pale for her, but it shows the assortment of shades):

Photo: 1

Concealer 





Photo: 1 and 2

Nars is an incredible cosmetic brand with a wide assortment of products. Now, while I have always known NARS proficiency in creating Blushes and Bronzers, I only recently discovered their incredible face products. Some of my close friends with a pale complexion swear by theRadiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, a product that retails for $28.00 at Sephora. 

Powder



Photo: 1 and 2

Once again, I decided to stick with versatility. It can be difficult to find a great setting powder for your makeup, as while Translucent Powders are great, they can cause a white cast in photographs.Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light is the perfect powder for woman of a light complexion, and retails for $30.00 at MAC stores. Unlike other powders, it does not cause a white cast to show in photographs. Here is an example of it on the skin:

Photo: 1

Best Cheek Products for Fair Skinned Woman

Bronzer/Contour



Photo: 1 and 2

As I said in my Dramatic Contouring post, when you have extreme skin tones, you should use different makeup products as a contour. I discovered this skin pigment while watching Pixiwoo’sProm Makeup Victoria’s Secret Style Video. It is a deep beige color, and meant to be used as a base for eyeshadows. However, it adds the most subtle contour on more fair skinned ladies. It retails for $28.39 at Sephora. Here is how it looks on the skin:

Photo: 1

Best Blush/Highlighter





Photo: 1 and 2

This should not be a surprise for readers on my blog, as I already said that this was my favorite blush for fair-skinned women in my Blazing Blush post. As said before, it retails for $49.00 at Sephora. Here is an updated swatch on cheeks:


Photo: 1

Best Lip Products for Fair-Skinned Women

Everyday Lipstick/Gloss





Photo: 1 and 2

This is a great “your lips but better” type of lipstick for fair-skinned young woman. MAC Lipstick in Angel retails for $15.00 at MAC stores. It is slightly yellow toned light-medium pink with soft silver micro glimmer. This lipstick is a great color to put on everyday and matches nearly everything. It is not too pale that it washes you out, while it is not so pigmented that it looks fake.

Night Out Lipstick/Lipgloss


Photo: 1

For more fair-skinned girls, I feel that Matte LIps are much more flattering. The NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl is described as a Vivid Siren Red, and looks absolutely incredibly on young women with a paler complexion. This is a great color to wear on a night out with the girls. The product retails for $25.00 at Sephora. 

<3 Naa

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try the MAC skin finish, I might for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin looks like the first picture that you published so these products will work on me. Thanks!

    New post:
    bonjourchiara.blogspot.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovley products, I love how it looks
    http://lforlilyblog.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete