Saturday, November 23, 2013

Top 5 High-End Brands

Hey Everyone!!!

A little over a month ago, I did a post about my Top 5 Drugstore Brands, which proved to be one of my most popular post to date! Now, while I love affordable makeup for everyday events, I love to spoil myself for more formal occasions. For the last few years, I ask for beauty products during my Birthday and Christmas. This lead to my collection of primarily drugstore products to grow to a healthy mix of high-end and drugstore products. Now, here are my top 5 High-End makeup brands:

5. Benefit Cosmetics 


Photo: 1

I have to admit, I am a sucker for cute packaging and Benefit Cosmetics has the most fun packaging of all makeup brands! Not only do the products look wonderful, however, the quality is incredible. I personally feel that Benefit excels in the creation of their Mascara, Primers and blushes. Some of my holy grail products from Benefit include:

they’re real! mascara Beyond Mascara, $23.00 at Sephora

the POREfessional Primer, $30.00 at Sephora

CORALista Box Blush, $28.00 at Sephora

4. Urban Decay 


Photo: 1

Urban Decay is one of the most popular high-end brands currently around the world, most likely due to their wildly popular ‘Naked’ series of eyeshadow palettes. Not only does the brand consist of incredible packaging, however, the eyeshadows of this brands are unrivaled by any other brand I have tried. Now, while I am not a huge fan of any other Urban Decay products, their eye products are extraordinary enough to put them as #4 on this list. Here are some holy grail products:

Naked2 Palette by Urban Decay, $52.00 at Sephora

Smoked Palette by Urban Decay, $49.00 at Sephora

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, $24.00 at Sephora

3. Lancome


Photo: 1

Now, the top three brands on my list are going to be on the upper tier of High-End products, as they what I consider the best quality products. Lancome is one of those versatile brands that have products for woman of all different styles and skin colors, something that I am very grateful for as an African teenager. I find Lancome to be very savvy at both foundations and lip products. Here are a few holy grail products:

Teint Miracle Lift From Within Makeup, $40.00 at Sephora

Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup, $38.00 at Sephora

L’Absolu Rouge Lipcolor, $30.00 at Sephora

2. Estee Lauder 


Photo: 1

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will not be surprised that Estee Lauder is on my list (you may be surprised that it is not #1 though)! Estee Lauder has great bundle deals, so I own a plethora of products from the store. I am absolutely in love with this brand, as not only does it have a massive selection of products to choose from, but the bundle deals allow for you to buy your makeup in bulk! Here are a few holy grail products:

Double Wear Foundation Kit, $42.50 at Sephora 

Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick, $26.00 at Sephora

Sumptous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara, $24.00 at Sephora

1. Illamasqua


Photo: 1

Illamasqua is by far my favorite Makeup brand of all time. The products are made for professional makeup artist, and the pigmentation of them are extraordinary. The foundation colors come in all shades between a true alabaster and ebony, while the eyeshadows come from everyday neutrals to bright yellows and pinks. While the price of these products are quite expensive, they are more than worth it. Here a few holy grail products:

The Ultimate Skin Trinity, $81.13 on Illamasqua.com

Complement Palette, $55.17 on Illamasqua.com

Perfect Pout Gift Set, $97.35 on Illamasqua.com

<3 Naa

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Estee Lauder!! Usually the drugstore brands can be just as good as the high-end ones, but it's good to have a mix. :)

    aclassystateofgrace.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tips :)
    http://dina-bella.blogspot.com/2013/11/color-not-afraidjust-confused-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post!thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a detailed post! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very useful, I'kll keep it in mind, since my makeup is getting old and I need to replace it.
    Do you know any brands that have extra light foundation/bb or cc cream? I always have to mix my foundation with white pigment because I'm really pale. And most brands don't have light colors that match my skin tone. i look like an oompa loompa with colors like "porcelain" lol

    anyways, thanks for sharing <3

    I'd appreciate if you'd check out my blog <3

    ReplyDelete