Friday, November 29, 2013

Makeup Master: Top Products/Brands For Very Dark Skin

Hey Everyone!!!

Welcome to today’s edition of Makeup Master! I am personally most excited for this post, as I’m basically suggesting products that have worked for my skin to other women. For the last few years that I have been interested in makeup, I have always searched for good products for women with dark skin. While I found a few recommendations, I never found a cohesive post about great makeup products for women of very dark skin. This post will be great for women who are MAC shade NW55 or darker. Here we go:


Photo: 1 and 2

Best Face Products for Very Dark Skinned Women

Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer 








Photo: 1, 2 and 3

Illamasqua, Illamasqua, Illamasqua…. what would I do without you! As I said in my Fair Skin Post, this brand has some of the most versatile shades of any product I have ever seen. Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in shades 325, 335 and 345 are some of the darkest shades of foundation in the entire makeup world. This foundation retails for $41.00 at Sephora, and looks absolutely beautiful on the skin. This foundation has a more opaque finish then the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. Here is how it looks on the skin:




This photo comes from Danielle Gray of The Style and Beauty Doctor. It shows how the Rich Liquid Foundation in shade #325 look on the skin. You can see how wonderfully the foundation matches the radiant skin tone of the model. I own this foundation, and use it for nights out due to it’s incredible coverage. 

Concealer 







Photo: 1, 2 and 3

I just had to use two products from my two favorite high-end and drugstore brand, respectively. The Iman Cover Cream in Earth Deep is a beautiful drugstore concealer that is perfect for covering dark under-eye circles, uneven skin tone and any spots. It retails for $12.00 at Walgreens. This concealer is perfect for covering any spots, and for its price, I give this product an A+!

Best Cheek Products for Very Dark-Skinned Women

Bronzer/Contour







Photo: 1 and 2

MAC Eyeshadow in Embark is an intense reddish-brown with a matte finish. Now, dark-skinned women usually assume that they are unable to contour, however, this is not true. Due to the red undertones of this eyeshadow, this product shows up on even the darkest of complexions. It looks absolutely wonderful as a contour, and adds the perfect amount of shape to the face. The shadow retails for $15.00 at MAC stores. Here is how it looks on the cheeks:


Photo: 1 and 2

This photograph comes from the incredibly talented Kenneth Soh of Musings of a Makeup Artist. This photograph shows how an eyeshadow can be used to contour very dark skin. This dark brown eyeshadow creates a subtle contour on a beautiful black woman. 

Blush 




Photo: 1 and 2

I absolutely love this blush! MAC Powder Blush in Sweet as Cocoa retails for $21.00 at MAC stores. It is described as a brown with pearl shimmer, with a sheer tone shimmer finish. As said in my Blazing Blush, this color adds just the most subtle amount of flush to the face while keeping you looking fresh. Here is how it looks on the cheeks:


Photo: 1 and 2

This is a photograph of the beautiful Erica of The Glamorous Gleam. Her dark skin is perfectly complimented by this shimmering blusher. However, she is so stunning that she doesn’t even need any makeup!

Best Lip Products for Dark Skinned Women

Night Out Lipstick



Now, for all of those wondering where the everyday lipstick for a dark-skinned woman is, I previously did a post on that in my Lipstick Ladies: Favorite Nudes for All Skin Tones about my favorite lipstick for darker skin. The basic rule for dark skinned women is that for the daytime, lip colors should go towards a more brown tone while it should go more plum during the night. 

MAC LIpstick in Cyber is an intense black-purple lipstick with a satin finish. The picture above comes from Tara Pook, and shows how the lipstick appears on darker skin. This color looks amazing on a night out or during the autumn. 

<3 Naa

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog. teaching me a think or two about my chocolate self
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you so much! I love your blog too

      <3 Naa

      Delete
    2. I love your blog.It is to the point and user friendly tips for chocolate chicas.I will visit again!
      buttaflybytes.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I'm white, so obviously this was very little use to me, but i'm sure it'll help others out!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving, real, interesting advices !

    Laura Nd
    http://thesweetcallingofmountains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really informative. I can't tell you how many of my readers ask questions about this very thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, very informative, thanks for sending me your link on IFB, now following your blog; please follow back.
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/review-bourjois-mascara-twist-up-volume.html

    ReplyDelete