Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Party Makeup Tutorial: Green Smokey Eye

Hey Everyone!!!

I can't believe that it's only two days until Christmas! This year has gone so fast, and I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for everyone in my life, including all of you. I love you all and I just want you all to know how amazing that you are! Now, for today I am going to show you a makeup tutorial for a festive party. I love Christmas parties and having to use red and greens to create different looks! Now, let's get to the tutorial:


The look above is a before and after of the look. Here are the steps of the look:


Start off with a clean base by cleansing your face with a facial cleanser. This will make sure that your face does not hold any impurities and help protect your skin from blackheads and breakouts. 


The first step in order to gain this look is place masking tape on the ends of your eyes in order to create a sharp, clean line for your shadow. Then, add a black base in order to darken the colors of your shadow. I use the Milani Cosmetics Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear in Black Ink as the base. 


The second step in order to gain this look is to add a medium green eyeshadow all over the lid to the intensity that you desire. Then, add a medium gray shadow in the crease to add dimension to the lip. Finally, add a matte black shadow in the outer V of the eye for a sultry smokey eye. The green shadow comes from this Almay Intense I-Color Trio, while I found the black shadow in a single Wet N' WIld Shadow in Black. 


The final step for the eyes is to add a black liquid liner on the top lash line to add a cat eye affect. Then, a black kohl liner should be used under the eye and on the waterline. Finally, a light brown shimmering shadow is put on the brow bone as a highlight while two coats of mascara are put on the top lashes. 


This picture shows how the finish look appears in both artificial light and natural light, respectively. This sultry smokey eye is perfect for any night festivity, as it adds a certain mystery to the eyes. For tomorrow, I will post a look with an iconic red lip. I love you all and Happy Holidays!


<3 Naa

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using the tape because I get the shadow all over my face when I do a smokey eye

    http://wotshernameagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, thanks for the tutorial.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeup tutorial, Naa! :) You look really wonderful!

    xx Dianne

    http://diannealejo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete