Friday, October 18, 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Brands



Hey Everyone!!!

Today is Green and White day at my school (our school colors) and I was really pumped so I decided to have a very special post for you guys. I love makeup, but as a junior high school student who spends 99% of her time doing community service, homework and sports, its very difficult to afford expensive makeup. Even though I have a pretty large collection of high end products from Christmas, Birthdays and saving up my money, I have a soft spot for affordable, drugstore products. I will now post my top 5 favorite drugstore products below:

5. Maybelline




Now, I just had to start with one of the better known drug store brands: Maybelline New York. I just love the lip products and mascaras of this brand, as you know that they are reliable. Maybelline is best known for its mascaras, particularly the Rocket and Falsies collection. I am in love with both of these mascaras, as they add dramatic length and volume to your lashes for a false glam look. Some of my holy grail products from Maybelline include:

The Falsies Big Eye Mascara, $9.49 at Target

The Falsies Original, $7.49 at Target

Color Whisper by Color Sensational, $5.94 at Walmart

4. TIE- L’Oreal and Ruby Kisses Cosmetics




For L’Oreal Paris, I actually love both there makeup products and there hair products. Unlike the other brands on this list, L’Oreal is an overall cosmetic brand, and includes a huge array of products. L’Oreal is most known for its foundation, particularly the L’Oreal True Match Foundation. I am absolutely in love with this foundation, as there is a color for every single skin tone imaginable. Once again, L’Oreal is one of those very reliable brands that you can trust with your hard earned money. Some of my holy grail products include:

L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara, $7.99 at Walmart

L’Oreal Infallible Shadows, $7.99 at Ulta

L’Oreal Super Blendable Makeup, $9.99 at Ulta





Now, Ruby Kisses is most likely the least well known company on this lip, but I had to include it none the less. The brand is targeted towards women of color, and I absolutely love the array of products I can purchase from the store. Due to the demographic, all of the products are created for women with skin tones similar to mine, and therefore most of there products look incredible on my skin. Ruby Kisses is most likely best known for its incredibly affordable foundations and its highly pigmented lipsticks. Some of my holy grail products are:

3D Face Creator, $4.99 at all stores

Color Design Lipstick,$4.95 at all stores

HD Gel Eyeliner, $4.95 at all stores

3. Wet N’ Wild




I love Wet N’ Wild and its parent company, Markwins PERIOD! It is such an affordable brand with $5 eyeshadow palettes, 99 cent eyeliners and $1 lipsticks. The pigmentation of its products rival high-end brands, and there eyeshadow palettes are one of the few drugstore palettes that I include in my daily makeup routine. Wet N’ Wild is most known for its eye products. Some of my holy grail products are:

Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette, $5.99 at Rite Aid

Color Icon Shimmer Pencil, $0.99 at Rite Aid

Silk Finish Lipstick, $0.99 at Rite Aid

2. Rimmel London


If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that my style is comprised of an edgy grunge and classic glamour. Rimmel London represents the perfect mix of both of these ideals with makeup that emulate the styles of London. Rimmel is primarily known for there face and eye products, and is a very trusted corporation that I have yet to have any financial or skin problems when it comes to there cosmetics. Some of my holy grail products include:

Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal, $4.49 at Ulta

Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss, $5.49 at Ulta

Wake Me Up Foundation, $12.30 from all stores



1. Iman 


This makeup brand is made by the beautiful former supermodel and current super-maven, Mrs. Iman. I am obsessed with this brand, and own almost every single product, including limited edition, that the brand has come up with. Once again, this store is directed to women of color. However, unlike Ruby Kisses, the brand has a larger range of colors so that I can purchase there makeup for my lighter skinned friends. The products are slightly high priced for a drugstore brand, but you pay for very high-end esque products. Some of my holy grail products are:

Iman BB Cream, $20.00 at Walgreens

Iman Luxury Eyeshadow, $8.00 at Walgreens

Iman Luxury Lip Shimmer, $10.00 at Walgreens

<3 Naa

3 comments:

  1. i really like maybelline, l'oreal and rimmel! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Sadly we only have maybelline and L'oreal in Denmark ):
    xoxo
    2 Girls and a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Stylist Course Modules

    ReplyDelete